TERMS & CONDITION
Terms and Conditions
Sencillo (“Sencillo or We”) run and manage a Beach House, located inIlashe, Lagos, Nigeria. It comprises 3 ensuite fully air-conditioned bedrooms , well-furnished kitchen, swimming pool, front and rear balconies, Hot Tub/Jacuzzi and Lounge with well-equipped facilities and amenities (“the Beach House”).
Conditions of Rental
- The Beach House is available all year round with daily hire charges at prices to be communicated upon request
- Check in starts at 11am and check out time is 6pm for Day Bookings and 9am for Overnight Bookings. Due to cleaning out and housekeeping, it is not possible to flex these times and you must be fully packed and have vacated the Beach House by the closing time indicated on your booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving any reason.
- Whilst unlikely, we may occasionally have to make changes to your booking and reserve the right to do so. We anticipate these to be minor and will advise you of them as soon as possible.
- We ask that you and your guests take the time to review the general conditions outlined below as well as our rules and regulations whilst at the Beach House.
- The booking is made and shall be deemed to be made subject to these terms and conditions and the rules and regulation of the Beach House.
- Payment of the fees for the use of the Beach House indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions as well as the rules and regulations of the Beach House.
- Payment of the fees for the use of the beach also indicates that the terms and conditions as well as the rules and regulations of the Beach House are binding on the Hirer and all users either guests, vendors or invitees of the Hirer.
- We hope you have a pleasant time at Sencillo , however Management through our security reserves the right to revoke admission to any group not complying with our rules and regulations.
- The person who completes the booking, i.e. the lead name, certifies that he or she is authorized to agree to the Booking Conditions on behalf of all members of the party, including any changes.
- The lead name must be over 18 years and a member of the party occupying the property. The lead name agrees to take responsibility for all members of the party.
- In no circumstances may more than the maximum numbers of persons, as stated in your invoice, occupy the Beach House . Sencillo reserves the right to make a deduction per head (at a fee to be determined by Sencillo) from the Caution Fee, refuse admittance or revoke your booking if this condition is not observed. No refunds will be given if admittance has been refused or if your booking is revoked for this reason.
- Further, where any facilities or amenities specify a maximum occupancy limit for customers, in no circumstances may more than the maximum limit, as indicated in your invoice, occupy the facilities or amenities beyond the limit provided.
- Sencillo reserves the right to refuse the use of any facilities or amenities on the Beach House if the condition in clause 4 above is not observed. No refunds will be given if use of any facilities or amenities has been refused for this reason.
- Sencillo reserves the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties that may in their opinion (and at their sole discretion) be unsuitable for the property concerned.
The Hirer is required to pay the following for the use of the Beach House:
- Rental fee
- Caution Deposit
- Any other additional charges
- Any government imposed taxes or fees
All jointly referred to as “fees”
Bookings will be reserved upon receipt by Sencillo of full payment of the fees or the required deposit payment of 50% of the fees.
The Balance of the fees is payable before access is given for the use of the Beach House. On receipt of the Balance Payment, confirmation of the booking and directions to the Beach House will be sent to the Hirer. Sencillo reserves the right to cancel any bookings where full payment has not been received within 7 days from the due date.
Method of Payment
Transfer will be made to the account provided by Sencillo. Cash payments will not be accepted.
Value Added Tax
VAT applies to the property rental, it will be included in the quoted price at the prevailing rate. Sencillo’s Confirmation of Booking is a VAT invoice. Sencillo’s charges and VAT inclusive rentals are subject to change if the rate changes.
Confirmation of Booking
- Full payment is required to confirm the booking with bookings available up to 12 months in advance.
- Bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance online via our website if available and subject to full payment of the fees.
- Bookings for the Beach House not considered conﬁrmed until full payment has been received.
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking if full payment is not made.
- Once Sencillo has issued a Confirmation of Booking, amendments to bookings are only possible at Sencillo’s discretion and may be subject to an administration fee.
- Sencillo reserves the right to adjust prices quoted in the brochure, on our website or on details to properties, due to errors or omissions or changes in VAT.
- 100% of paid prepayments are refundable when cancelled 14 days before arrival or earlier.
- 50% of paid prepayments are refundable when cancelled 7 days before arrival or earlier.
- No refund applicable if cancelled less than a week.
Only applicable when your booking is affected by external factors (e.g. government action); and in all cases are at the full discretion of Sencillo.
It is a requirement when booking with Sencillo to pay a Caution Fee.
The Caution Fee is due to be paid along with the booking fees, it will be held by Sencillo and applied against the reasonable costs of miscellaneous repairs to and/or replacement of and/or additional cleaning of furnishings, kitchen equipment, amenities on the Beach House crockery, glass, keys, bedding and towels damaged or soiled otherwise than by usual wear and tear during the period of Hire by you or other members of your party. The balance of the Caution Fee (if any) will be returned to you within 24 hours of the departure date. Where such costs exceed the Caution Fee you will pay such excess to Sencillo within 14 days of being notified.
- There is a standard deposit of N100,000 for all booking with <= 30 guests
- Events with >30 guests is subject to a higher refundable caution fee of N150,000
- There is a standard flat rate caution deposit of N200,000 for all bookings
- You and your invitees must fully comply with the rules and regulations of the Beach House.
- You are expected to take all reasonable care of our properties. Please ensure the Beach House and all contents are left clean and tidy at the end of your stay and report any breakages or defects.
- You will be liable for any damage caused to the properties during your booking beyond reasonable ‘wear and tear’. Please tell us about any damage or breakages at the end of your stay, so that we can rectify the situation. We shall charge for damage and repairs. If there is a problem, please contact us during the day, so that we can try to resolve it at the time.
- In the event of damages caused by you or your invitees, you agree that Sencillo shall deduct the cost of repair from the caution fee.
Return of Personal Belongings
- In the event of any items being left in the Beach House, we will collect, pack and post the items back and courier fee will be required to be paid before such belongings can be dispatched to you.
- Failure to request for items found at the Beach House within 2 days after the date of use of the Beach House Sencillo shall have a right to discard the belongings.
We have resident Peacocks! Unfortunately, other pets are not allowed in the Beach House.
- The use of the Beach House is exclusive to the Hirer and your guests/invitees during the period booked by the Hirer.
- Sencillo shall provide maintenance concierge teams onsite during the period booked.
- It is not permitted to exceed the maximum occupancy for the house. Details of maximum numbers are provided by Sencillo upon booking and on terms specified by Sencillo.
- Please bear in mind our decking space/any outdoor space and size of Beach House when booking to maximise your enjoyment on the day and to be considerate of neighbouring Beach Houses.
- Total number of guests and vendors should not exceed the number stated on your invoice at any given time.
- You may advise your vendors to leave the house after setup to ensure we can accommodate your guests.
- We have security on site to ensure these numbers are strictly maintained.
- No guns are allowed in the house, police personnel have a dedicated sit-out location at the lagoon entrance to the house.
- Phone and video cameras are allowed, however professional photo / video shoots without pre authorisation by Management is prohibited.
- The use and possession of illicit & narcotic drugs within the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Please be mindful and do not overstay your time of booking as we need to prep the house for our next guest
- Our concierge are here to ensure your stay is pleasant, however they are not to be engaged to run errands or preparation of guests’ food.
- Please treat Sencillo Lagos like yours, any damage to the house will be borne by the guest.
We have dustbins located around the house, please dispose of rubbish appropriately.
Smoking is NOT permitted in bedroom bathrooms, kitchen, lounge or any other enclosed space within the Beach House. Please dispose of cigarettes appropriately and responsibly (Please do not bury cigarette butts in the sand at the beach, or in the gardens around the Beach House).
Shisha is only permitted for consumption at the Fireplace area.
Please be informed that strippers are NOT allowed on the property and in case of a breach of this rule, a surcharge of N100,000 will be imposed on the hirer. We ask that you keep off any nudity or indecent exposure off social media.
Candles and other Fire Risk
- The lighting of matches and burning of candles, incense or similar is strictly prohibited within and around the rooms in the Beach House.
- Bonfires and barbecues and other forms of fires should be restricted to the specified locations.. Use of fire and combustible items is restricted to the kitchen and area designated for BBQ’s and bonfires.
- Valuables should not be stored in the Beach House and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to your or your guests property.
- We do not accept liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party.3. We shall not be liable for any accident or injury which occurred at the jetty of the Beach House, on the premises of the Beach House, or at the beach or waterfront.
- Sencillo shall not be responsible for any injury (including death), damage or loss sustained by any person when using any of the facilities and amenities of the Beach House.
- Facilities and amenities used by the Hirer or its Invitees/ Guest are at their own risk and hereby agree to accept and assume any and all risks of injury, death or property damage resulting from use of the facilities.
- The Hirer or its Invitees/ Guest shall hold and keep Sencillo, employees, agents, and any third party harmless and fully indemnified against all losses, damages, and claims for property damage, personal injury, or monetary loss (including attorneys’ fees) resulting from your actions or omissions, and the actions or omissions of your guests, during your stay.
- Management bears no responsibility for the loss of any personal items. It’s the perfect getaway but we’re are still in Lagos
The use of accommodation and amenities, where offered, such as swimming pools, hot tubs/Jacuzzi, Quad Bikes, dance pole, beach rooms and other amenities etc, is entirely at the users’ risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users’ or visitors’ belongings.
Sencillo will not be liable to you, any member of your party or person visiting the property during the period of your hire or for happenings outside its reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, building works at adjacent properties, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or other unforeseeable circumstance.
You also accept that Sencillo will not be liable for any negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the Hirer and should be reported immediately and before the end of the stay. The reasonable costs of miscellaneous repairs to and/or replacement of and/or additional cleaning of furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glass, keys, bedding and towels damaged or soiled otherwise than by usual wear and tear during the period of Hire by you or other members of your party shall be deducted from the caution fee may by the Hirer and if not sufficient the balance shall be payable on demand to Sencillo who may also, at their discretion, refuse further bookings.
Sencillo has the right to enter the property (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out). Sencillo reserves the right to repossess the Beach House at any time where you or any member of your party has caused damage, and in such circumstances Sencillo shall not be liable to make a refund of any remaining portion of the hire terms paid.
- The person making the booking or person that executes the required documentation for the use of the Beach house shall be responsible for the Beach House and ensures that the rules, regulation and guidelines are complied with.
- This booking is not transferable to any other person except at the discretion of Sencillo.
- We reserve the right for the purpose of maintenance, replenishment to enter Beach House with or without workmen at any reasonable time, even in the absence of the hirer.
- Where terms and conditions are breached during your hire (e.g. causing a disturbance, occupancy over agreed numbers), we reserve the right on the site to ask you leave with no refund. We may also refuse all further bookings and inform neighboring Beach House hire companies.
- Sencillo can be tagged on its social media handle of pictures, videos or any form of media coverage of events at the Beach House.Please exercise caution with respect to pictures or videos posted on social media relating to the use of the Beach House which may tarnish Sencillo’s reputation or expose it to unhealthy publicity.
- You have the responsibility of ensuring safety of you and your invitees during the stay at the Beach House. Our Beach House concierge is not responsible for the capacity of a lifeguard. In the event of hire that may involve disabled persons or young children, You have the responsibility of ensuring their safety while at the Beach House and use of the facilities provided.
- Be safety conscious in and around the pool, do not run on wet surfaces and please bear in mind our concierge are not lifeguards.
8. You or any of your invitees shall ensure that you avoid any indecent exposure and misrepresented information concerning the Sencillo brand via social media.
9. Dress code is beach chic & fly, any act of sexual nudity is prohibited.
10. No food can be consumed in the pool or hot tub, beverages can only be consumed in plastic cups. Glassware is strictly prohibited from these areas.
11. The Hot tub can only accommodate 8 persons at a time. Please ensure your guests play safely here.
12. Swimmers must put on appropriate swimwear before entering the pool and the hot tub. Footwear is not permitted in the pool and hot tub.
13. Please do not stand on our lush natural grass, we want to keep it looking pretty, use the paving stones to access areas.
14. Precautions should be taken to prevent water from dripping onto interior surfaces and flooring, including within the lobbies, hallways or other areas of the Beach House that may cause a slippery and dangerous to walk on.
In the unlikely event of a difficulty, all complaints must be immediately lodged at the Beach House office via email or staff on ground.